Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Survey with Alteryx - how to combine more than 3 columns in one

Malek22
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to create workflow to provide the results of surveys. The formula of the results depends on the average on each question. 

For example: 

Malek - question 1 the average is 4 then the message is Well done Malek you're good listener 

question 2 the average is 2.5 then the message is you need to focus on technical ..etc 

I want the results to show these messages in one cell and the results to populated as per the below: 

Malek - well done Malek you're good listener but you need to focus on technical 

I have done the mapping of the average and but I have issue how to combine the messages for each column ? 

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
ShankerV
17 - Castor

hi @Malek22 

I was able to see only the workflow. Not how the input looks like.

We can achieve combining 3 columns with the help of Formula tool.

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Malek22 

If you are looking similar to this, 

ShankerV_0-1671628529220.png

ShankerV_1-1671628553152.png

ShankerV_2-1671628564030.png

Formula

[Field1]+ " - "+ [Field2]+" but "+[Field3]

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Malek22
7 - Meteor

Hi @ShankerV  , 

Thank you for your response. But I need the message to be combined in one cell but separated from the low and high, to combine the good message in once and the bad in a once as well 

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Malek22 

Sure, its possible.

But need more samples and expected output for good and negative.

so I can do it and share it to you.

Many thanks

Shanker V

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Malek22 One way of doing this is with the help of the summarize tool concatenate option. Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1671636343792.png

Malek22
7 - Meteor

Many thanks @binuacs , that works fine with me :) 

Labels