Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Summarize or calculate based on the first month in a range by unique id

aberthiaume
8 - Asteroid

I have a file that was sent to me by a third party.  I do not have access to granular data for our baseline, so in the "Basline numerator" and "Baseline Denominator" column it is the aggregated detail, but it is repeated for every month within a unique iD.  Do basically entity 1 has a list of basline numerators and denominators that are duplicates.  In order for me to aggregate by overall project or by state accurately I need to only pull one value in the baseline data for each unique ID.  Here is a screen shot of how it looks, right now.  I need it to only pull the first date of the range and calculate it that way.  this is hard to explain, and I hope I am being clear.  As you can see in the image below we have a KeyMetrics ID a Measure code and basline num and denom. when I summarize it gives me a sum of 257 for the numerator but it really should only be... 37.  i cannot figure out how to summarize based on this condition.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! 

aberthiaume_0-1663245765860.png

2 REPLIES 2
citronmelisa
8 - Asteroid

Hi! 

Not sure if I understand correctly, but can't you first extract just the unique data (by key, I assume) with a unique tool or sample tool and then aggregate that?

Best regards,

citronmelisa

citronmelisa
8 - Asteroid

if you need to not lose record amount, you can always join back the summarised data to the original flow. 

Labels