Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize data with dynamic date header

tiverson
8 - Asteroid

I have a Excel data sheet that I pull data from and analyze with other data sheets

The data sheet has a date used in the header of the columns that I want to use in the final summary, however it is not located on the first row (it is a formatted table that starts the data a few rows down)

(data source #1)

tiverson_1-1643657486845.png

Data sheet 2 (GL detail)

tiverson_2-1643657542508.png

I want to create a summarized table that uses the date headers from the first data sheet with GL detail from another data sheet

(Column F will be a calculation from the first sheet, column G will be the summed totals from the second sheet.

That way anytime I insert a new file into the workflow, the dates will appear

tiverson_3-1643657570981.png

The biggest thing I struggle with is getting the date headers from the first sheet when it is located on the 4th row of the excel file. 

Thanks,

Todd

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@tiverson 

binuacs_1-1643664759964.png

tiverson
8 - Asteroid

So the dynamic rename tool will change the header name to whatever is listed on a file that is input into the workflow?

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

yes, it will. use the option from the dropdown menu.

even you can change the name of the fields using the formula window in this tool itself.

Labels