Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sumif function

PN2527
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I need to use Sumif function in Alteryx. All the requirements to create the workflow have been captured in the Final_data tab of the attached excel file.  Can you please help with the workflow creation.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @PN2527 

In this case, I think you could just use a Summarize tool. From your data, try grouping by the Material field then summing by the amount and quantity fields.

Hope this helps!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @PN2527 

Please consider the below and mark it as an acceptable solution if it works for you.

Important first step = Make sure your Tab1, Tab2, and Tab3 excel tabs have headings (similar to your Final_data tab).

I took a slightly longer route so that I could make the treatments explicit.

Please see attached packaged workbook.

RNO2_2-1589560197923.png

RNO2_1-1589560181310.png

PN2527
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RNO2,

Thank you so much for the solution. It works well.

However, I have an additional requirement related to the above workflow. As per the attached excel file, I need to compute values in the 'Unit Cost' (Column D). All the required formulas are mentioned in the attached excel.

Please Note: There are two formulas used to compute this column. The formula for cell highlighted in yellow color is different.

Many thanks!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Sure, @PN2527 

Please mark as an acceptable solution and Like if this works for you.

Please note, however, that your use case has changed based on additional requirements.

It's best in those instances, to issue a new sample file that fully captures the new requirements.

Still, I moved forward based on my best understanding.

Therefore use this Alter workflow instead of the previous one.

I have highlighted the replacement + additional requirements in the workflow snippet below.

Solution output

RNO2_0-1589720642499.png

New Alter workflow

RNO2_1-1589720854162.png

Labels