Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum of two selected rows in a table with multiple rows

mmmaryna
5 - Atom

Hi , My intercompany receivable account include other receivables amount and I have been trying to Update the total to reflect the correct amount after mapping it. Is there a formula or tool I can use to add up accounts  balances for BS62000200 and BS62005000 and replace YTD column with correct total ($394)? Will I be able to remove "Other receivables" row after I merge it with Intercompany receivables?

Thank you!

mmmaryna_0-1608735858658.png

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Do you have any logic which will be used to identify which accounts should be merged? 

There will be more positions that this logic should be applied too? 

mmmaryna
5 - Atom

Unfortunately, no logic is used for this. I just need to merge these two accounts in one balance based on how we want to present it in our analytics.

The other positions will be similar case but deducted from each other.

Thank you!

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @mmmaryna ,

I've used a lookup table and worked my way into bringing the table to the desired format since there is no particular logic.

AngelosPachis_1-1608743935819.png

I've summed Intercompany with Other receivables and then filtered out the latter.

Regards,

Angelos

mmmaryna
5 - Atom

Thank you for sharing workflow! It work perfectly. How should I proceed if I have the same example but my Intercompany receivables exclude other receivables (see the screenshot below). Thank you!

mmmaryna_0-1608745758226.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @mmmaryna ,

That's an interesting question, a simple way would be to add an additional column where you have to define the sign and the workflow should be slightly different.

AngelosPachis_0-1608747353718.png

Then in the formula tool, I have included an IF statement to check for the sign you have inputted in the lookup table. It should get the job done.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

mmmaryna
5 - Atom

Thank you @AngelosPachis,

This is very helpful!

Labels