Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Struggling to edit label and labelgroup text in Interface Designer

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Hi there wonderful Alteryx community! For reasons utterly unknown to me, I'm really struggling to edit label and labelgroup text in the interface designer. I can add labels and labelgroups, move them around...just not edit the text. Is there a trick to it? Is there a user setting I might need to adjust? Something else?

I couple of times I have got it to work but usually there's been a delay and I've not understood what's made it shift to edit mode. I haven't been able to find any info on this, so have no idea if it's affecting others.

Any help HUGELY appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @HuwHallam 

Do you mean labels for your Interface Tools?

You change that directly in the tool configuration.

Example:

Text1.PNGText2.PNG

Or if it's the custom labels you click on them and the configuration box appears behind them:

click.png

Cheers,

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Hi Thableaus, thanks for your response!

It's the latter: the custom labels. I just can't get the configuration box to appear. I don't know if I've done something to my settings that can be changed...but clicking, double-clicking, right-clicking on the label - nothing gets me to a place where I can edit it. Is there anyway to access the configuration box through a shortcut key or menu?

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Hi again - I've found the answer. In the view menu I had 'configuration' unchecked. I've checked it and now, surprise surprise, the configuration box opens and I can edit. Hooray!

Labels