Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Strings Comparison Function

refmd
Météoroïde

Dears,

I have 2 string fields, one contains a "formal responses approved by the organization to be used by customer service reps", and the other contains "the real responses by reps"..

What I wanna do is to have a function to find if the real responses match any of the formal responses.. the goal is to assess the compliance of the employees with the formal responses.. 

any idea if there is a function or tool that compares the 2 texts on a %, for example see if the 2 texts are the same by 90% of words..

any idea how can I do that? 

4 RÉPONSES 4
MatthiasSeil
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

I'm not aware of a out-of-the box solution for this but a little workflow should solve this:

• Add Record ID
  • You cleanse the text input for punctuation and make everything a lower case
  • One after another you use text to rows for both text input fields in order to have all possible combinations of words in columns
  • You sort out duplicate combinations
  • Create a formula where you see which words match from the two text inputs
  • Count the matches and also count the distinct number of words in your desired responses string
  • Join the counts and calculate the percentage

You might also consider the Text Preprocessing from our intelligence suite add-on which enables you to sort out stop words (a, and, so, like, etc.) automatically: https://www.alteryx.com/products/alteryx-platform/intelligence-suite

Pls. see example WF attached.

If this solves your question, please mark the solution as accepted as it helps Alteryx to determine the correct statistics about open and solved cases.
Thank you!

Cheers

Matthias

refmd
Météoroïde

Thank you for your help i will try it,

also I'm thinking of using Fuzzy Match tool, but its my first time to use it and IDK how to use it

refmd
Météoroïde

Thank you for your help i will try it,

also I'm thinking of using Fuzzy Match tool, but its my first time to use it and IDK how to use it

Étiquettes