Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stop invoking email tool always

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

Hi all:

I've a workflow with two email tools, one is required to send mail daily and the other one weekly.

It's an automated workflow. There is no problem with daily one but the weekly one should invoke once a week. Right now the weekly email tool invokes everytime, check for the attachment which it doesn't find in the desired location and throws exception. 

I know there is an alternate option i.e. create a separate workflow for the weekly mail and schedule it weekly but I want to do it in the same workflow for better management.

Is there anyway I can trigger this one once a week? Please let me know.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hi @tanvir_khan 

To exclude weekly email activity running on daily basis, add a filter tool before weekly email activity and specify the day name of week when you want to execute weekly email as below. 

Amol_Telore_0-1657522004734.png

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

hi @Amol_Telore thanks for your reply.

I've already done that i.e. create file once a week based to day check otherwise go to message tool. I think I'm not dealing with that Message tool properly that's why it's reaching to email tool. My expectation is, the flow will stop when it reaches to message tool otherwise create file and take the priority 2 root of the block tool and send file to recipients. Is there any configuration for Message tool?

snap.PNG

thanks!

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hi @tanvir_khan 

As per current logic of process,

1. First it will check for day (Weekday or Weekend) and depending upon the output it will generate the file (If day is weekend) or throw an message.
  2. Then it will try to execute downstream tools connected to 2nd link of block until done. Regardless of day whether it is weekday or weekend.

To resolve this issue,

1. You need to put filter tool (Filter tool used to check day name which has message tool connected to its true Anchor) between Append fields and Block until done.
  2. This way first it will check if the day is weekend or not.
  3. If it is weekend then only it will go for weekly file creation and email activity else it will simply give an message in the logs. 

Do let me know if your issue is not resolved.

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

ah I got it man. Well explained, appreciate that.

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

@tanvir_khan Glad to help you.!!

Labels