Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting CSV data that is all contained in a single cell (including headers)

franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Hello community,

I'm receiving a CSV file as an attachment via Gmail and I'm trying to setup Alteryx to fetch the data from Gmail and transform it to a compatible CSV to be upload into Active Directory.

To fetch the attached CSV from Gmail I'm using this method here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Download-Gmail-Attachments-with-Alteryx/ba-p/28823

The problem is that method delivers the attached CSV content in a single Alteryx cell (see attachment screenshot 1.png).

That single cell contains the headers and rows of data delimited by a pipe "|" (see attachment Report.txt)

I'm trying to split the data to have the headers and rows of data to show as a proper sheet (see attachment screenshot 2.png).

I've try using the Text to Columns and Dynamic Rename tools to achieve the mentioned result but I haven't been able to do it.

Can you please help me?

Regards,

Francisco.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @franciscoruizrise 

Use a text to columns tool to split to rows on a newline delimiter (\n). Then split by the pipes:

Luke_C_0-1662155580087.png

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @franciscoruizrise ,

Find attached a very easy way to do that.

Take care to keep the same configuration as me in the input tool. 😀

Emmanuel_G_0-1662241531965.png

franciscoruizrise
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much @Luke_C and @Emmanuel_G

I'm not very familiar with delimiter configuration but this has been resolved.

Labels