Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Spline Model Error

Ashish
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to use spline model which ran fine for a smaller dataset. but when I added more observations in the data there is an error. Can anyone provide some insight why this error and how to resolve. Also some reference on spline models will be helpful.

Spline Error.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
RamnathV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This error relates to the effect plots which are generated by the R package plotmo. This issue often occurs when it is not clear to plotmo as to how many plots are being generated. I would recommend turning off the checkbox for effect plots to prevent the error.

Spline_Effects_Plot

Ashish
8 - Asteroid

It did not work. I ran the process flow again after unchekcing. still getting the same error.

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Not replying as much to the specific error in the Spline model (since @RamnathV is more qualified for that Smiley Happy), but in general when troubleshooting errors from our Advanced Analytic tool sets, it is helpful to check "Show All Macro Messages" which can be found in the workflow Runtime configuration tab.

Since most of these tools are macros, it can help diagnose the issue since it gives a more detailed description sometimes of what is going on 'behind the scenes'. Without that, many of the standard R error messages don't necessarily point to what the issue is.

Not sure if you have done this, but thought I would pass this along.

Thanks,

Rod

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The other thing to look for is whether the model is created and elements of the report (the output from the O and R anchors). As Ramnath indicates, this looks to be a ploting error, which are the last things produced by the tool. As a result, you are likely to find that the model and parts of the report have been produced. The ploting error is occurring in a an R package we use called plotmo, that has some less than desirable behavior. Consequently, we are looking to replace this package with our own code, but that is still a work in progress.

Ashish
8 - Asteroid

Yes the model is created there are results and plots. Should i ignor this error then ? I am new user and have not used splien models before.

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, errors are always bothersome, but this one is more of a nuisance than anything else. It is definately on our list of things to fix.

Labels