Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Skip workflows if sheet not availble

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

My workflow has 3 containers and each container refer 3 different tab on the file, if anyone of the container missing then i got error on the workflow. So please help me how to overcome from this issue. 

I have a idea to get list of sheets from the file first then need to run the containers based on available sheets but I am not sure it can i do this. Please advice me with some example.

If we can achieve this one then i can use same for another workflow which has 21 sheets on input and 21 containers on the workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  That is not working me. I have explained my scenario with example.

On my input files i have three sheets named Sales, Purchase and Pending, Some times i got blank data  on anyone of the tabs or sheet not given, that time i got error while running the workflow. I have attached my workflow and different types of input files for your reference. please help me to get desired result.

Type 1: All three sheets have data

Type 2: Anyone of the sheet has no data

Type 3: sheet is missing on the input file.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Dhilip_Kumar In this use case instead of processing separate files, first read the sheet names from the given file then combine the records and process. Use the batch macro to do this process.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart-1583459854309

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs  Can I get any sample workflows to get better idea. I am bit confused how to use that batch input macro. Please do the needful.

Labels