Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint List Output : Input String was not in a correct format

Pinaki
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to load records from teradata to a Share point List.

Getting the below error. Tried making all the fields V_WString(forced). Still not working.

Error: SharePoint List Output (21): Error while adding records: Input string was not in a correct format.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hi @Pinaki,

Just a couple of thing to try:

1. Have you got the correct version of SharePoint selected in the tool configuration for the Sharepoint you're trying to upload to?Capture.PNG
  2. Additionally, you could try setting the string field to V_String. There may be characters in the wider character set of VW_string that Sharepoint doesn't like.

Sam 🙂

Pinaki
6 - Meteoroid

My version of Sharepoint is Online/Office365.  Connection as Sharepoint List Input and Output are working fine. Teradata is sending records as Varchar(255) and Unicode. Writing to Sharepoint link is failing with the error : Input String was not in a correct format.

I have tried V_Wstring too but same error.

Pinaki
6 - Meteoroid

There were lookup columns which were posing the issue.

Once I made all the sharepoint target columns as text, it worked.

jaltes
5 - Atom

Just in case someone else is looking for this answer.  You can write to a SharePoint lookup field by formatting the data as RecordID;#LookupName.  ie for my scenario I wrote 3;#Categories to the lookup field.

kgordish
8 - Asteroid

@Pinaki Sometimes if you have renamed Title Column to a custom name in SharePoint in Alteryx rename back to Title and solves upload problem.

Don't understand why, but worked for me. 

Labels