Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

SharePoint output tool- create new Excel file and write into several sheets

PH_80
Meteoro

Hello,

I want to create a new Excel file and write data into two separate sheets. I am only getting the second sheet “Sheet2” in below example in my output.

It works to select an exiting file to write into, but when I select the option to add a file on both the SharePoint tools then the second output overwrites the first output tool, so it seems that it’s not meant to be used the same way we would use the regular output tool.

I suspect that there is something in the configuration that I am missing here?

Thanks in advance!

19 RESPOSTAS 19
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This looks awesome @gawa !

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks, @alexnajm. I always struggle with Sharepoint tool. They sometime show weird behavior...I google a lot by copy and paste the error message😅

PH_80
Meteoro

@gawa Worked really well! :) Thank you so much!

bertal34
Cometa

@gawa this is great!  Is it possible to control the order of the worksheets in the excel output?  Mine are created in alphabetical order (ONE, THREE, TWO).  

PH_80
Meteoro

@gawa Hi, the solution is working well, but I have one issue, all the sheets in the workbook are not having the same layout with the same columns in my case. One of the sheets have different columns selected but with this setup all of the columns will appear in that sheet. Since we are using the union tool and only one select tool and SP output tool I am not able to select and customize the columns appearing for that certain sheet..

Do you see any workaround for this scenario?  

 Thanks in advance!

2024-04-05_12-36-18.gif

PH_80
Meteoro

@alexnajm Do you have any suggestions for the above issue? Appreciate your input, thanks in advance!

MackStewart
Asteroide

@gawa  Thank you so much.
This is exactly the reply I've been looking for.

Well, my quest was a little simpler, but you led me to the answer.

Brilliant.

acheedel
Meteoroide

Hi @alexnajm,

Could you please suggest any guidance on the SharePoint output connector tool that produces the exact same sheets in the file multiple times.

Thanks

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@acheedel This is not something doable in excel since excel does not allow you to have the exact same sheet name multiple times in one file. If you have them as different names, it could work, in which case gawa’s solution from earlier is the way to go. 

acheedel
Meteoroide

@alexnajm, will check on that thanks🙂

Rótulos