Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint List Input Error - Unknown string format

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

We just upgraded to Alteryx 2024.1 and with that upgrade, we upgraded our SharePoint tools. I am running into an error with one of the SharePoint list input tools. I am getting an error "unknown string format" on a column that is a calculated column in SharePoint. Ultimately, I can recalculate this column in Alteryx. I don't have to bring it in from SharePoint. But, I have taken the calculated column out of the view that I am pointing the SharePoint list input tool at and I keep getting this error. I have also created a new view without this column, but I still get the error. I have also tested this out with a dummy list. As soon as I add a calculated column to the list, it starts failing with the connector. I have to delete it out of the SharePoint list to get it to run. I can't just take it out of the view, which isn't a workable solution.

4 REPLIES 4
DraganDacic
5 - Atom

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I just updated my Sharepoint tool and I am also experiencing this. Thanks

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I reached out to support, and it is a known issue that doesn't have a fix yet. I checked the most recent tools, and it's still a problem. I created another list and had to add in extra architecture to my project to work around it.

DraganDacic
5 - Atom

Thank you for the update. 
I continued to work on this and in my case this seems List specific, within the same SharePoint site I can connect to a different list and download its data with no issues. 
It may be a particular field data type that it doesn't like so i will continue my testing and report back if I have any success. 

7 - Meteor

It works fine with Lists that do not have calculated fields, even on the same SharePoint site. It's when the list has a calculated field that the error occurs. The workaround I've been advised is to just remove the calculated field. But I can't do that in my case because I'm not the list owner.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels