Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SharePoint Files Input and Output tools

johanoelgaard
5 - Atom

I have recently noticed that SharePoint Files Input/Output tools have been added to the available connectors. However after connecting to my company SharePoint site when trying to configure the tool the Configuration pane whites out only moments after clicking on the connector not leaving me any chance actually to actually connect to any files. I have tried running the connector on 2021.3 and 2021.2.2 both without any luck. Anybody else have experienced this or has an idea of what to do?

22 REPLIES 22
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ashuu11 , unfortunately right now there is no workaround for the Sharepoint 365 connector in Designer 21.3.2. The only option is to use 21.3.1. 

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
Ashuu11
7 - Meteor

Hi @VojtechT 

You mean 2021.1 version..please confirm.

Ashuu11_0-1634130856332.png

smysnbrg
8 - Asteroid

I haven't really pressure tested it, but with Designer version 2021.3.1.47945 AND the beta version of the SharePoint files tool you mentioned (1.1.0-871294), I was able to configure the tool with my credentials, the SharePoint site, folder, and file name.  Small workflow ran successfully.

Is there an ETA on when this will be rolled out?

Thank you.

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @smysnbrg ,

the ETA is 2-3 weeks right now. 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, 

the issue has been fixed. Please upgrade to Designer 21.3.3 and install latest Sharepoint Files 1.1.0 tools. 

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

I have had this credential white out issue with both 2020.4.5 and 2021.1.6 (I can't go above 2021.1.6 because that is the version our corporate server is on).  Is this something that can only be fixed by upgrading to 2021.3?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @TKSnider , the connector is not backwards compatible. So if you need to use any Designer between (including) 20.4-21.3.1, use Sharepoint Files 1.0.4. But if you need to run it in Server, you need at least Designer 21.2.2.

Also, there are some known issues with Sharepoint Files 1.0.4, which are being fixed in new version, so if you face them, you will have to upgrade your Designer (and Server) to use the recent Sharepoint Files connector. 

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @VojtechT 

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

Ok, we jumped out and upgraded one license we had to 2021.3.3 and version 1.1.0 for the sharepoint tools.  We have tried both the browser and authentication methods and both fail when it tries to go to our organizational login page.  all we get is a blank screen.  This license is running on WinSvr 2016, but is a desktop license (we run it there to have more resources available than we'd have on a local laptop).  I even tried to install edge on the server in case that was the issue, but it did not help.

I was able to get this to work on the broswer side on my 2020.4 version using 1.0.4, however the authentication method just outright fails with an AD error (even when I'd logged in using the browser previously).

The error I get on the 1.0.4 is:

AADSTS90036: An unexpected, non-retryable error stemming from the directory service has occurred.

Ekim12
5 - Atom

Hi,

I wanted to piggy back off this question, not sure if I need to make a new thread. But I was curious on how to make a Sharepoint connection like in Johannoelgaard's picture. What I get is this after I select the input tool:

Alteryx Quick Connect.PNGSharepointlist.PNG

I'm not sure if this is a sharepoint connection for me to get files or if this to get a sharepoint list. And I'm not sure where to get my sharepoint credentials either. Could someone help me out?

Labels