Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Send emails to a dynamic list

Manjari_T
Átomo

Hi All, 

I have a dynamic list. This list updated every Quarter. 

I want to send emails to the below list every quarter. 

I would like to use tile tool to filter all the emails to send separate emails. I am not sure how to do this.

New joinersemailsTrainings
Manjarimanjari@gmail.comHi Manjari, Please complete Training 1
RashiRashi@gmail.comHi Rashi, Please complete Training 1
DyanaDyana@gmail.comHi Dyana, Please complete Training 1
RajeevRajeev@gmail.comHi Rajeev, Please complete Training 1
2 RESPUESTAS 2
AngelosPachis
Nebula

Hi @Manjari_T ,

The email tool will send an email to each one of the records that feed into it, so as long as each record has a unique email, that user will only receive a single email.

For example, if you have created a reporting snippet (1 record in the reporting tools output) and want to send it to the new joiners in your table, you can use an append fields tool to append that reporting snipper to each one of your users and then connect that to the email tool. There's no need for a tile tool from what I understand to be your use-case to send separate emails.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

digitalmemo
Asteroide

You may use my workflow for reference. The approach is pretty straightforward. The only problem you'll need to take care of is the smtp settings you need to fill in the email configuration tool. Everything else, you can just map the fields you have in your text input tool.

Etiquetas