Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduler License

Analyst
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have the desktop version and I have a scheduler license based on looking at the License Manager (see pic below).

License Manager.PNG

However, I can't schedule a workflow even though I have admin rights on my machine.  So my question is I'm wondering if this is because the program was installed in the AppData location instead of Program Files.  I don't seem to have other Admin-y things either, like I have no button to get to Alteryx System Settings.

AppData.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi:

Did you installed Non-Admin version? How about using the Admin one?

http://downloads.alteryx.com/Alteryx10.6.8.17850/AlteryxInstallx64_10.6.8.17850.exe

Hope this helps.

Analyst
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the super fast reply.  I didn't actually do the installation, IT did the install for the whole team at once.  If I update to this newer version, could there be any issues with sharing workflows with the rest of my team?

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

No, there shouldn't.

Additionally, let IT people check if you have Admin rights on your laptop.

Best,

_AG_

Analyst
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the info!

Does the Admin vs Non-admin version have anything to do with the license type?  It seems odd to have a scheduling license and a non-admin version of the software that won't allow you to schedule?

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Nothing to do with the license type.

The difference is that the Non-Admin doesn't require ADMIN Rights to run in your computer, while the Admin does.

Makes perfect sense, since a lot of users are not allowed to be admins on their workstations by companie's policies.

Best,

_AG_

Labels