Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Saving Output to an excel using output tool rather than render

ShravaniChanda
8 - Asteroid

I need to output my data into multiple template files based on column called company codes. This template has first 2 sheets with formatting and formulas. With the help of blob input and blob output tools I could able generate multiple templates based on the company codes column. (A template.xlsx, B Template.xlsx, C Template.xlsx) 

Then my data needs to be formatted, which was done using Table and layout tools, I want to output this data into a A,B and template files with sheet name called "check 1 table" using render tool my results are getting overwritten. which means missing first 2 sheets of template.

Tried Output path tool but it will give xml code as results.

IS there any way to output the data into without change in template.

4 REPLIES 4
Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Can you share the screen shot of your workflow please? where you are using render tool and creating outputs? 

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hey @ShravaniChanda 

So as you've discovered, the problem with the Render Tool is that it will always overwrite the file in question.

To get around this problem, I would try the method I outlined in another post about using a template file. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Outputting-multiple-excel-files-using-...

Cheers!

Phil

ShravaniChanda
8 - Asteroid

Hey Phill, 

I referred to your link, but it may not help because my results are coming out of layout tool.

ShravaniChanda_0-1623301958768.png

ShravaniChanda
8 - Asteroid

ShravaniChanda_0-1623302040335.png

Labels