Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforce Input Tool error when using CloseDate

Cherkos12
7 - Meteor

I'm getting below error when i try WHERE clause (SOSQL) greater than equal. any idea how to fix this?

Cherkos12_0-1679501033901.png

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

First off - this should be a YYYY-MM-DD expression if it accepts a Date. If not - you made need to include a time using this format:

• YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss+hh:mm

see the SOQL instructions here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.soql_sosl.meta/soql_sosl/sforce_api_calls_soql_sel...

Cherkos12
7 - Meteor

Thanks. the link you shared has helpful tips. the problem is the close_date_c field comes in the format shown below, how'd i fix that?

CreatedDateClose_Date__c
3/2/2021 20:081/30/2023
6/29/2020 20:151/31/2023
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

What happens when you put 2023-01-30 in your where clause? can you confirm that this field is a date in Salesforce (ie in field/relationships) under the Object? 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

When I tested this on a datetime field I used:

SELECT
LastModifiedDate
FROM
Account
WHERE
IsDeleted=False and LastModifiedDate>=2022-01-08T01:02:03Z

and this worked fine.

I have also confirmed that for a date field the format of 2022-01-01 is proper - and if you validate your query it will tell you that. Can you confirm your datefield is a date - and not a string? My suspicion is that you field in Salesforce is a string. In this case you would use todate(Close Date,dd/mm/yyyy) 

assuming these are strings - and not date at the Salesforce field level - you may want to have a "talk" with your Salesforce implementation team/consultant.

the dd/mm/yyyy may need to be in quotes - validate query will tell you.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you mark this is a correct solution?

Labels