Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SSL Error, Wrong JSON parse output

tagomuo
5 - Atom

So I have a workflow that connects to an API and retrieves data from the API

When the workflow was uploaded to the server, It encountered SSL error and couldn't run.

In order to bypass this error, i added python to my workflow to download the JSON data directly and bypass the SSL connection error.

This seems to work, downloaded JSON data seems truncated but with a little research, i found out the data is till in there and no cause for worry 

But the downloaded json data never gets completely extracted using the JSON parse tool

I have attached images of the API call on postman and the records returned.

Also attached is the records returned in the JSON parse tool in ALteryx. 

The json data in alteryx should be more than that and the entity data should match 

what is on post man.

I'd need help with this urgently

7 REPLIES 7
albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hi @tagomuo 

Did you try to use Download tool instead of Python?

tagomuo
5 - Atom

Yes I made use of download tool and it worked just fine on alteryx desktop. 

But when uploaded to server, I encountered SSL connection error.

Using python was the only work around i know

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Is the server behind the proxy? And within Python tool, I assume, you publish to the gallery and it works fine, but truncates number of the records.

tagomuo
5 - Atom

The python version works fine on server and yes it does truncate a number of records even on alteryx desk. The JSON Parse tool truncates the JSON data gotten from the python download.

I don't know why this happens

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

So, considering GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out), I believe your issue is with Python. Alteryx has nothing to do, and relies on Python's output. I suggest you focus on the Python script.

tagomuo
5 - Atom

The python output seems fine. The workflow replaces " ' ", with  ' " ' making the JSON properly formatted.

The JSON data sent into the JSON parse tool is correctly organized.

The fact the the Parse tool correctly reads the firs three lines of the python JSON output shows that the python JSON output is fine. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

could you post what you see in your browse tool? TBH - I'd look into why you are seeing the SSL error on server - and fix that. If that doesn't work - I'd test your python code on laptop. This is a public api - no?  perhaps you can share the resource link...

Labels