Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run/stop button missing

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I moved my licenses to a new machine and i downloaded version 2021.3  ,

I have not been able to see the run and stop button on the right i have to go to options before i can run a workflow which was not the case , can someone help to know how i can bring that up 

thanks for responding.

razzy_1-1630341055680.png

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @razzy 

How long have you been facing this issue?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @razzy 

You can try uninstalling and installing Alteryx. If that doesn't work reach out to support@alteryx.com.

Hope this helps : )

razzy
8 - Asteroid

I just experienced it when i finished setting up the platform , i had to go over everything again but i still cant find it.

ebaumgar
5 - Atom

SOLVED:  Go to "Options", then select "User Settings", then select "Restore Defaults".  Run Button should reappear.

DawnR
8 - Asteroid

That sucks! Resets everything, including all the canvas formatting that I prefer. This is not a good solution.

LLERAS
6 - Meteoroid

This solve the immediate issue but is not a permanent solution; you loose all your configurations and is it keeps despairing .  In a day it has disappear already 3 times.

Any other ideas?  Thanks.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

i think you can right click on the any workflow tab and select "new horizontal tab group" then save the configuration.

JonBCOKE
6 - Meteoroid

I just ran into this, and the only difference I noticed from previous times opening Alteryx was that this time Interface Designer opened automatically with Alteryx. I closed Interface Designer before closing Alteryx and when I reopened Alteryx, I got the Run button and (Interface Designer did not open). Seems like a bug but reasonable workaround for now.

For reference on Version: 2021.3.6.01129 due to Server

AdamSt
7 - Meteor

Thank you @JonBCOKE.  Your solution worked for me and is much better than the restore defaults option.  Thank you for sharing!

One thing to note here is that when I restarted Alteryx my run button was back but when I opened up my analytic app again and then clicked on View --> Interface Designer the interface designer was not working.  I then closed the analytic app and re-opened it and then the interface designer was then working.

Labels