Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Run Alteryx Script automatically.

Ebarbou1
5 - Atom

Hello. 

I currently have an Alteryx script that I run twice a month manually. I pull excel files from a financial system and save them on my desktop. I then run the Alteryx script with the new files saved on the desktop and then output the data on a different server. 

Is there a way I can run a report automatically every morning and remove the manual work? Any third-party apps that would work? 

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Alteryx Server or Desktop Automation are the only option for scheduling a Workflow to fully automate. Although, I think the latter may no longer be an available product, but you may reach out to your Alteryx Sales Rep/Account Manager for more details.

3rd party apps may go against the user agreement of the license so you'll want to be cautious if you try to go this route.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Ebarbou1 

Is your workstation powered up 24/7?

What would be the rule to schedule this workflow of yours?

If you are a computer admin there is a way using the windows task scheduler

Labels