Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rows to columns

zalakinc
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, Here is my scenario:

I have filtered out my text file so that only 3 types of rows from raw file are filtering out. Lets call them: 

GC, MC and total. In my flat file, there are many rows with these 3 starting points. Now I need to convert them into columns called: GC, MC & Total. Currently they are rows in a field I created called Field 1. Can you please advise on how to go about doing that?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @zalakinc, you can use the Cross-Tab to go from Rows > Columns. You'll need to choose an aggregation when doing this. If you want to avoid doing so then you'll need to assign a unique ID to each of your sets of rows that you can then group on:

Before - row format:

DataNath_0-1662560328272.png

After - Columns created:

DataNath_1-1662560355260.png

To avoid aggregations if you want to keep groups of records split, you can add ID's with an approach like this (in the attached workflow):

Before:

DataNath_0-1662560532882.png

After - split out by ID:

DataNath_2-1662560559915.png

Labels