Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Row generation Formula issue

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

I've created a alteryx workflow which is generating rows (Month column) based on the activation and decommission dates mentioned in the datasets.

I ran the workflow but for few of the test id my existing logic is not working. I've listed few of the test_id in the attached excel.

For TI1555, the recent testing month is 5/31/2021 7:00:00 PM and evaluation frequency is "annual" so the month row should generate 1 row with date 5/22/2022 (as it comes under the date range +6 months and -5 months from the current date), but currently it's showing 8/22/2021

Same issue is TI712

because of my initiatlize expression (Max([recent_testing_month],datetimeadd([Current Date],-6,"Months"))) in the generate rows derive the value as 8/22/2021

For TI843, the recent testing month is "12/31/2021 6:00:00 PM" and evaluation frequency is "Quarterly", This test should also generate the row with the date "09/31/2021" as it comes  under the date range +6 months and -5 months from the current date.

Somehow the workflow is not backtracking the dates before "recent_testing_month"

for other tests it calculating the correct months. Could you please suggest any different logic of row generation which can help me to resolve these issues for quarterly,semi-annual and annual

Here we are only concerned with the month calculation

I've attached the complete dataset (workload discussion), error test id list(error), workflow and a notepad file which explains the entire workflow.

Please help.

BR

swapsingh2712

1 REPLY 1
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @swapsingh2712 ,

I modified the logic by  calculating the date ranges first and then generating the month rows. Hope I didn't over-simplify ...

2022-02-24_15-38-38.jpg

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Labels