Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Retain formulae in excel after output and dynamic checks

sirsjat21
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have Raw data with product details and region which is used as input data in Alteryx to make two tables basis on region.

For illustration purpose I am attaching Table1 which has Raw tab with product details and region. Summary tab is the final output I get after using various tools in Alteryx. So basically Alteryx gives me Raw tab and Summary tab with hardcoded values.

My Requirements: - I need actual format/view as per Actual tab (not part of Alteryx output, just for illustration)

1) I want to mention below details respectively above two tables like in Row 2 & 12

2) I need to put Checks showing actual sumifs formulae for respective tables like in row 10 & 21. Please note number of rows mat increase for respective tables/regions.

3) I need Grand Total showing actual sum formulae in Col H (eg =F5+G5) , because many times I need to put manual adjustment after processing data through Alteryx. 

Regards,

Jatin

1 REPLY 1
jNunez
8 - Asteroid

Sounds to me like you just want to do this in excel buddy.
Seriously though, outputting formulas to excel and having them run automatically just doesn't happen. Closest I've gotten is outputting the formula exactly as you described e.g. "=SUM(D2:F4)", only to have to still open the excel afterwards and manually hit enter on each cell to have excel evaluate the expression.

But this is by design and makes perfect sense. How else would Excel know that something in a workbook is a formula without the user hitting enter.

Labels