Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report text issue

hoye
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I want to add a line in my email output that shows what month and year the data is referencing (i.e., this data is from July 2023), while also showing a snapshot of the data (in a chart) in the email output. I don't want the month or year included in the table. If I have the report text tool after the table tool, I cannot access the month or year in the available fields. 

fff.jpg

Here is a snapshot of the current table (I know how to get rid of the month and year columns, I just have them in for testing purposes)

ee.jpg

If I put the Report text tool before the table tool, I can get month and year to pop up in the available fields but these items won't show up if I place the report text tool after the table:

q.jpgqq.jpg

The problem I am running into when the report text tool is before the table tool, I am not able to add my text to the Layout tool, to send in the email, it shows up as missing (seen below):

aaa.jpg

I know this a very wordy ask, so I really do appreciate anyone willing to work through this or give any tips. Also, if you need any additional information, I can provide that.

Thank you to whoever is willing to help!!!

-e

5 REPLIES 5
Paridhi_Agrawal
8 - Asteroid

hi,

Have you thought of summarizing the month and year field and then take as input to Report text ?

hoye
7 - Meteor

could you break that down a little further. I am a new user, and still trying to figure everything out.

Thank you so much for your response

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @hoye 

Take a look at the attached example workflow. Run it and see whats happening with each tool. You can union/join multiple report components and use the layout tool to keep them together like this, and then feed your email tool:

table.png

hoye
7 - Meteor

So, your set up was successful, but when the email sends out, it emails the text as one email and the table on another email? Is there something in the configuration, that will allow them to send in on email. 

Thank you so much for your help!

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Can we ask a screenshot of your workflow. Maybe we can what went wrong or missing with the tools?

Labels