Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report Text fields into Visual Layout

JaesunK
6 - Meteoroid

Hi community,

I'm having some difficulties to create a report using the Visual Layout & Report Text tools.

The issue that I'm having is that there are multiple items (attachment 1) under a field that I added in the Report Text tool (attachment 2). 

However, when I link this Report Text tool to the Visual Layout tool, the report only shows the first item only.

Could you please advise how I can show all the items in the report?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Jaesun 

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please provide relevant data to this use case, and kindly provide your criteria in as much detail as possible. If you have a workflow built halfway, kindly export that over as well.

To export a workflow go to: Options > Export Workflow. Kindly do NOT send a "Save As" copy.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @JaesunK 

You can set the Layout mode to be Each Group of Records, and then tick whatever field you want to break out the rows (like grouping by in a summarize tool)

image.png

The visual layout tool can only take 1 reporting field, so if you have multiple, you may need multiple layout tools or to pivot your data until you've reached your final layout.

Labels