Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report Layout

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

My first attempt at reporting attached.  pretty simple ask  - underneath the 'header' i'd like the text 'Total Record Count' displayed with the actual total record count that results from the Record Count tool. this is to be followed by the data, which is in a table. The header and table display perfectly, and the 'total record count' text displays but never the actual number calculated by the  record count tool, though i see it in the results when i profile the final browse output.  quite possibly i have too many tools included but have gotten to the point of throwing things out to try and still coming up unsuccessful.   Thank you!  

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nwhite 

You need to provide us the input file for us to run and check the workflow.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I don't think you ever actually turn your [total record count] field into a rendered object... Your report text field doesn't actually include your record count anywhere - so it stays unrendered and is dropped by the layout tool...

Try changing the text to say something like:

record count: [total record count] (in my case it adds a ":0" but that may because there is no data and there are no records...

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

noted for next time (duh on me)  but another user was able to find my error.  thank you! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Nice analysis @apathetichell 🙂👍

nwhite
8 - Asteroid

perfect - thanks so much!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

We all make those mistakes!

Labels