Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rendering different layout size to different sheets

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I have a use case where i need to render different layout size for different sheets in a single excel file. I need to use the render tool as I need to apply conditional formatting to the sheet

I am able to only apply the same layout size to each sheet, which results in one sheet being truncated as shown:

josiahgoh_0-1684221925000.png

If i specify a bigger layout size, the sheet with fewer columns will be expanded, which makes it ugly as shown:

josiahgoh_1-1684222179046.png

Is there a way to do it dynamically where i can specify a different layout size for each sheet in the same file, to avoid any sheets from being truncated? 

I look forward to possible solutions and suggestions. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@josiahgoh The paper size will get applied by default to all the sheets, you cannot specifically set the paper size to each sheet. You can try the below workaround

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Can-t-change-column-width-when...

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Thank you for providing this solution. I will take a look at it.

Is there a way that we can use a macro or multiple render tools to the same file in order to set a different layout to each sheet?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

No- you can render a file exactly one distinct time in a workflow -if you render a second time you will overwrite it... Yes - this is a huge failing of Render - and I think most of us can agree that there should be a better solution here.

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Sure, thanks a lot.

Labels