Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Rename File Dynamically and Copy to Different Path

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi Guys especially to @DavidP 

I found your sample workflow and would like to ask for the configuration of the copy template.bat. I do have a formatted template where I wanted to be rename and copy it to other folder. The format of the name changes everyday because I'm using formula "DateTimeToday()".

Rename.JPG

 Hope to hear any answer. Thanks for the assistance.

Kamen

14 REPLIES 14
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider have you tried using blob tools for copying your formatted input to another location, the below post will give you an idea of how blob tools works

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/ba-p/...

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

HI @binuacs ,

I am also working this blob thing however, I am unsuccessful since it does not copy the data to the excel template I made. Do you have an easy example?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Have you tried the given workflow in the post? would you be able to upload your template and input file?

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Yes @binuacs  however, I am not successful. As far I remember, it was able to generate the template but the data didn't copy into the template.

Do you have any idea or samples to share?

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

I tried your link - Blob and same results, I was able to copy the template in another location however empty. The data didn't copy. Do you know why? Kindly see below screenshot.

Blob.PNG

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Can you try the attached workflow, you can see the template and the output from the workflow in the below screen shot.

binuacs_0-1673969660022.png

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs 

Tried to copy your workflow but same results, no data copied to my template. Can you know why? Please see my reference below.

Blob2.PNG

Looking forward for your response.

Kamen

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider Did you run the workflow I gave you? Can you run that workflow and let me know if that is working for you or not?

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @binuacs and others for help.

I am now able to successfully run the workflow with data on the template. I have follow-up question. Is it possible to add dynamic rename of the file by adding the datetoday() on the file?

Please advised.

Kamen

Labels