Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Removing data from an excel sheet

markbanlawe
Météore

i would like to remove the data from an existing sheet through a workflow and then updating that same sheet with blank data

Example:

Sheet 1

markbanlawe_0-1668439631761.png

Output to Sheet1

markbanlawe_1-1668439665667.png

13 RÉPONSES 13

@markbanlawe 

Is there any condition check?

markbanlawe
Météore

no there is none

JamesCharnley
Pulsar

Hi @markbanlawe,

This should work, if it's all fields then just apply a multi-field formula to all columns and create some kind of formula to change it to blank. You'd then be able to output just the fields you want from here. I used the formula: REGEX_Replace([_CurrentField_], '.*', '')

(You can untick the box that says 'Copy output fields and add' to just update the fields)

JamesCharnley_0-1668441303886.png

Edit: Missed that same sheet requirement! The solutions provided below with Block Until Done and the Output options should work perfectly.

DataNath
Castor

@markbanlawe how does this look?

Before run:

DataNath_0-1668441241543.png

After run:

DataNath_1-1668441279386.png

After bringing in the data, we just use a Multi-Field Formula tool with all fields selected to null everything:

DataNath_2-1668441308772.png

In the Output Data config, we then just select the incoming file and make sure to set option 3 to 'Overwrite File (Remove)':

DataNath_3-1668441340163.png

@markbanlawe 

How about this?

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1668441449305.png

KrishnaChithrathil_1-1668441562961.png

Specifying the same sheet name.

markbanlawe
Météore

Thank you and my apologies i forgot to mention that i have other sheets that cannot be we cannot override therefore it would only be a that sheet to edit. Is there any changes to the solution?

JamesCharnley
Pulsar

If you're only inputting that one sheet and outputting to the same one, none of the other sheets should be affected!

ShankerV
Castor

@markbanlawe Yes, you have a solution.

After the multi field formula tool, insert a Block until done tool.

Then overwrite on the same file and same sheet1 without affecting the other sheets.

Many thanks

Shanker V

@markbanlawe 

like @JamesCharnley said none of the other sheets would get affected. 

Étiquettes