Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove extra Rows and Columns

cireost
8 - Asteroid

Hi - I have a table that will be always in the same format.  However, the position of the table in excel can vary (e.g. could be random # of rows on top or columns to the left.)  Does anyone have a sample workflow that can dynamically remove unneeded rows and columns so that the data starts with the table?  

Example excel attached.  I would like the fields to be Sample Number, Property Type, and Tenant Name

12 REPLIES 12
danrh
13 - Pulsar

'[Null]' is the actual letters, '[-N-u-l-l-]', where as an actual null is the lack of a value. It's an empty field. It happens occasionally when opening a file into a Text Input. Take you original sample data that you supplied and open it into a Text Input to see it work:

image.png

cireost
8 - Asteroid

But in the actual excel file, it is just blanks.  Why does the text input file read it as '[-N-u-l-l-]'?

danrh
13 - Pulsar

No idea. A bug maybe? I haven't found it to be very common to need to open a file into a Text Input, so most of the time it's not an issue.

Labels