Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove Email Duplicates

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I would like to seek your ideas on how I am going to remove email duplicates. for example in a report is teddy123@yahoo.com<teddy123@yahoo.com> will give an output of teddy123@yahoo.com. It will remove the <teddy123@tyahoo.com>. In one field it may consist of multiple emails with duplicates and I would like all duplicates to be remove. Please see sample attachment for your reference.

Please advise for the formula to use.

Thanks and hoping for your response.

Kamen

6 REPLIES 6
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @KamenRider  will the duplicates be across multiple fields or within a specific field?

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KamenRider 

Something like this would work:

JamesCharnley_0-1671035167394.png

Someone might be able to 1 tool this in a formula but I like to break it down if it'll take me less time to do than in a formula!

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Kakuffo 

Duplicates can be found in different or multiple fields. Kindly see my sample attached.

Kamen

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @JamesCharnley 

I think you are getting the solution I am looking for however I do have an error when I run it to my file. Maybe because my file has to many columns compare to the sample I gave you. Suggest to kindly check sample attached which corresponds to the file I am using.

Looking forward for an update in the workflow.

Thanks,

Kamen

ScottE
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KamenRider 

This should work for any number of fields.

Hope it helps.

Scott

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Thank you @ScottE, you nailed it. :-)

Kamen

Labels