Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regex String Parsing but dynamically pulling full date if it's there

livluvlaf4lyf
6 - Meteoroid

Currently using regex tool and the expression ([a-zA-Z\s']+=\s?\d+) to parse a string into an unknown amount of fields.

*shown below*

457_508_1.25.png

These are examples of how the string can be formatted;

- words - words - words….... - SquareFeet= 4, Chairs= 7, Rooms= 20, Due Date= 12/30/2023
- words - words - words….... - SquareFeet= 90, Chairs= 17, Rooms= 0, Due Date= 7/25/24
- words - words - words….... - SquareFeet= 42, Chairs= 15, Rooms= 10, Due Date= 04/19/24

*Had to manipulate the values due to privacy but there are a random amount of strings within the '-' symbols, before the string might have the fields called SquareFeet, Chairs, Rooms, and/or Due Date.*

Here is an example output with the current expression;

SquareFeetChairsRoomsDue Date

It parses correctly except for the Due Date. It only pulls in the values before the '/' symbol. How can I edit my regex regular expression so that it pulls the entire date? That way my results look like below?

SquareFeetChairsRoomsDue Date
472012/30/2023
901707/25/24
42151004/19/24
3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

\d+ won't capture the slashes that you have in your dates, so could you do something like anything before a comma+space or nothing? or anything except for a comma+space? 

This worked for me for example: ([a-zA-Z\s']+=\s?[^,]+)

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@livluvlaf4lyf ,

I assume you need only the last 4 data items from each row.

And the strings before them might have "=" character which might confuse the RegEx function.

So I would first reverse the string to get the "first" 4 data items, and then reverse them back to the original order.

Here is a sample workflow.

I hope this helps.

Workflow

1283453_Workflow.png

Output

If you want to keep the original order of columns, you may add Select tool.

It is also possible to order the columns automatically , but you need to add a coulpe of more steps.

1283453_Output.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @livluvlaf4lyf 

1- If you don't care the order of fields, then follow the above flow part.

2- Else you can see the dynamic output and rename it. 

(?:[[:alpha:]\s]+?\=\s?)([\d\/]+?)(?=,|$)

录制_2024_06_11_09_49_18_816.gif

Labels