Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reformat Excel Data Schema

DavidKennedy
7 - Meteor

I need some help here.  I've got to weekly absentee data that I need to ingest for analysis.  I'll typically get this data as one file with about 50 different tabs (only 45 of which will I actually use the data from).  The problem is the schema in which the data is provided is laid out in a way that is not easily...at least that I can tell...by Alteryx (see attached "AbsenteeDataProvided" file).  I've tried attacking this thing from multiple angles and what seems to make the most sense is to reformats the data into a schema where each column contains a unique data element and each row is a record that can be parsed (see attached "AbsenteeDataDesiredFormat" file).

I've racked my brain, as well as the video tutorials, and Google/YouTube without success.  My thought process was to somehow have Alteryx take a particular cell's data from the input source and place it in a different cell (that logically aligns with the desired schema) in the output file.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this?  Or, if that won't work for some reason, how else can this be done.  I can't imagine I'm the only one is the world getting a data source that's in a less-than-desirable layout.

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @DavidKennedy , Here is the workflow to achieve your desired output. Let me know if it helped and please accept my solution.

grazitti_sapna_0-1665466816632.png

Sapna Gupta
DavidKennedy
7 - Meteor

Hi @grazitti_sapna,

You are awesome!  Being a newbie to Alteryx, it took me a while to understand what you did but it made total sense and seems to work great.  Thank you so much for your help!

David

Labels