Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Records Values of Rows to be updated as column header and values to be populated

JJ747
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx users - I have an excel file input which has 5 columns as Record ID , Earning or Deduction , Name , Earning Deduction Amount and Value and I wanna rearrange the output as for each Earning or deduction (row) to be updated as column and each Earning or deduction amount (row) to be updated as column and value to be populated .

Attached file has the input and output requirement. Any help with the workflow is highly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @JJ747 , please see the attached sample workflow.

CathyS_Slalom_0-1656104150371.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JJ747 
We can also do a Transpose then with a Multi-row formula to processing for data and header as below.

0625-JJ747.PNG0625-JJ747-1.PNG

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JJ747 Another way of doing this with the tile tool, almost similar to @Qiu solution

binuacs_0-1656139970747.png

JJ747
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much for the workflow.

One quick question so we would wanna still keep EA as numeric and ER columns as String. So now with this both EA and ER fields gets to be updated as String . Any pointers how I could separate them as numeric and string columns

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @JJ747 , you can use auto field tool to automatically set the field type for string columns.

CathyS_Slalom_1-1656535788498.png

Or you can dynamic select to select all the columns that contains EA, then you can select use SHIFT with the left cursor to highlight all fields that you want and then click OPTIONs change field type to the data type of your choosing.

CathyS_Slalom_0-1656535482181.png

Labels