Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Record insert from two sources in order

Ian_G
Meteoroide

Hi

I have two data sources that I need to combine but the records from source 2 must be placed in a specific order of position.  Example:

Master List:

ItemDescriptionPosition
AppleGranny Smith1
OrangeMandarin2
GrapeConcord3
PearBartlett4
PeachFreestone5

List to be added:

ItemDescriptionPosition
GrapefruitFlame2
BananaCavendish4
CherryBing 5

Items from the add list must fall into the exact position of the master list in order.

ItemDescriptionPositionRenumbered
AppleGranny Smith11
OrangeMandarin22
GrapefruitFlame23
GrapeConcord34
PearBartlett45
BananaCavendish46
Cherry Bing57
PeachFreestone58

This has be stumped and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time

-Ian

4 RESPOSTAS 4
Luke_C
Castor

Hi @Ian_G 

Is there a reason that Cherry/Bing is above Peach/Freestone? The other 2 new records go below the existing items so just want to confirm the logic.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ian_G ,

I added an input number and gave the secondary number 2 as opposed to primary of 1.

As @Luke_C  pointed out, your logic didn't seem consistent but I assumed you wanted the second input to be second to the first (that made sense in my head).

mceleavey_0-1621612369635.png

M.

Bulien

Ian_G
Meteoroide

Hi  Sorry for the delay.  

Reason Cherry/Bing is above Peach/Freestone is based on the ordering provided by the Add list.  Banana/Cavendish and Cherry Bing need to placed between Pear/Bartlett and Peach/Freestone because they are to be 4 and 5 in the Master list.

Thanks

ian

Ian_G
Meteoroide

Sorry I see my error.  Master should be:

ItemDescriptionPositionRenumbered
AppleGranny Smith11
GrapefruitFlame22
OrangeMandarin23
GrapeConcord34
PearBartlett45
BananaCavendish46