Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading data from pdf using R tool showing error "The R version "3.6.3" is not installed".

Mohd-Siddiqui
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I am trying to read data from the pdf which is hosted at some website (can be downloaded also) using R tool, but R tool is giving some error which states that "R (10) The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system.".

Moreover, Apart from using R tool for reading data from pdfs, I have also used PDF input tool which is showing "license error" and PDF Reader tool showing error which states that "The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system".

I have checked regarding Alteryx license and I am having "Alteryx Designer and Scheduler License".

I have successfully installed RInstaller (version RInstaller_2020.3.4.30228)  and my Alteryx installer version is AlteryxInstallx64_2020.3.4.30228.

Alteryx Predictive Tools with R 3.6.3 is already installed on my system.

Could anyone help me regarding the above stated issue, as I am stuck on this from quiet a long time.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Mohd-Siddiqui
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the quick response.

But unfortunately in those packages also R Tool is there and it is showing me the same error i.e. "The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system".

trettelap
8 - Asteroid

I believe the most recent update broke these tools....have you gotten to work on recent version?

Mohd-Siddiqui
7 - Meteor

Hi @trettelap,

Please find below the versions of Alteryx and R which I am currently using for working.

Alteryx version: 2020.3.4.30228

R version: 2020.3.4.30228

Please help me regarding this issue, as I am stuck on the same since so many weeks and haven't find any relevant solution till now.

FreddyFeng
6 - Meteoroid

Have you solve the problem? I met the same one now about the error Error: Scatterplot (26): Tool #2: The R version "3.6.3" is not installed on this system.

but I have installed the correct version already 

Mohd-Siddiqui1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @FreddyFeng,

I submitted a case with Alteryx support team and had a call with one of the members.

They did some modifications in Alteryx folder which is present in C Drive of your system.

Please connect with them and they will surely help you.

Thanks

Labels