Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reading data from multiple excel files with different file name

ag72
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have lot of different excel files, each excel files contains different number of worksheets some have the same name in all the excel file (with same columns), while some files contains different file naming like abc0123 in one file and abc222 in other file(with same columns), while some may not contains these.

I want to read/input all the rows from all the worksheets from all the files in one go and then merge the data for the same worksheet name file and also then merge the data from all the files containing "abc", I tried using batch macro but for the same it needs same worksheet name. 

So can someone please suggest 

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ag72 your use case should work with the batch macro. Can you provide some sample data and expected output?

ag72
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for response, I have tried with the batch macro along with File name replace function so it's working. in case of more details will let you know. Thanks

Labels