Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Range in Output Causing Duplicate Rows and Incorrect Summarized Values

markalves
8 - Asteroid

My output specifies a range to overwrite...for example (a:c), and when I validated the data I noticed that there is a duplicate on the last row.  On an other sheet with similar rules for output the data has multiple duplicate rows, and on another sheet it has a duplicate row with completely false values in the columns.  

I did a lot of tinkering around with removing duplicates and cleansing data to remove leading or training whitespace.  I thought I had fixed it, then when I go to run the report the next day with new data, I find that the problem still persists.  

To solve this I had to remove the range of the output.  When I removed the range it summed everything up perfectly with no duplicates.  However, I would really like to have those formulas that are now no longer on my sheet that was completely overwritten.  

Has anyone else come across this problem?  It seems strange that I would have completely different output just because I got rid of the range. 

2 REPLIES 2
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @markalves 

Please provide some sample data.  I'll put something together for you.

Will you consider appending to a range, or do you require overwriting the data?

markalves
8 - Asteroid

Turns out, the input that I had as a reference for the "join" tool had a bunch of duplicate values.  So when I was using the join tool it was duplicating in the join step.  

Still not sure why not having an output range was fixing it.  But now I know what I was doing wrong. 

Labels