Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

REST API's SSL connect error (maybe linked to more recent versions of Alteryx)

pierrebocq
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I have quite a problem using an analytic app. This app is destined to be used by all my colleagues. The thing is for now we do not all use the same version of Alteryx.
But it seems that for some users using a more recent version of Alteryx (2023.1.1 for instance) they encounter this error :

Spoiler
SSL connect error

on every Download tool.

The thing is that it doesn't happen everytime either.
Sometimes the error disappear... Sometimes comes back. Without any apparent logical explanation, when I there is inevitably one.

Does anyone has already encountered this problem ?
Do you have a solution ? Or at least know what it's coming from ?

Thank you in advance !

Pierre

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

In my case, when I use Download tool at office, I sometime encountered the similar error. Cause was our company applies proxy server for internet connection. If I work from home via VPN, or public connection, I've never seen this error. If this is the case for you, consulting with your IT team may help you out.

Also found some discussion on similar issue, however it seems there does not exist the clear solution.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/API-Download-Tool-Error-transf...

pierrebocq
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, I now suspect AMP engine. I'll see if it is the case. You're also right about the proxy server, we do use that but I'm in a global firm and the less I deal with IT team the better I feel haha, it would probably too much of a pain to explain that problem. And the fact that it randomly appears and disappears is unsettling.

And also yes, already seen this post. But they talk about AMP Engine which shouldn't be the problem but probably is... Again will see and will get say if it is or not.

Thank you for the help !

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@pierrebocq Sorry for not providing the exact solution, but if my post could help you somewhat, appreciate to accept my post as a solution by click.

And....I also don't wanna involve IT persons:)  because I'm always asked to provide too much information to them....and they always seek for any tiny reason to deny my proposal...hahaha

Labels