Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

REGEX

DoneF
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I'm fairly new to Alteryx and have inherited some REGEX code that is not working quite how I need it to. Within a string I'm looking for an IBAN code which always starts with 2 letters (representing a country) and then depending on the country this may be followed by 2 number 4 letters 17 number or any sort of combination of letters and numbers. The REGEX that I have successfully finds the IBAN when it is at the start of the string, which contain pipe de-limiters, but not in  the middle of a string.

For example, in this string  |DE9999991112222333344|ANYWHERE, ANY|ANYROAD|ANYTOWN the regex will identify the IBAN DE9999991112222333344

but not in this string ABC LIMITED|DE9999991112222333344|DEKTDE7G|ANYWHERE, ANYWHERE RD|AW - ANYWHERE - ANYCOUNTRY.

There is a two part process the first regex Filters out anything not recognised as an IBAN

REGEX_Match(replace([Concat_PAYM_NOTE],' ',''), '\|*/*([a-zA-Z]{2})\d{2}\w{4}\d{0,7}(\w?){0,16}/*.*?\|*.*')

and then it goes into the next one which separately identifies the 2 digit country code at the beginning and the IBAN code as a whole. CODE = REGEX_replace(replace([Concat_PAYM_NOTE],' ' ,''), '\|*/*([a-zA-Z]{2})\d{2}\w{4}\d{0,7}(\w?){0,16}/*.*?\|*.*','$1')

For info, CONCAT_PAYM_NOTEr is the name of the field

Any pointers, gratefully received. Thanks for your time.

13 REPLIES 13
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @DoneF ,

Attached is my example showing how to do it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DoneF
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks so much Fernando. This worked for the previous case but this string

ANY:2,AREA:ANYWHERE, COUNTRY|IRVTUS3NXXX|KW42BBYN0000000000000111111111|MR AMYONE|STREET:ANY ST.

returns US3NXXX but needs to return this KW42BBYN0000000000000111111111

I have no clue as to what to change on your example to get the required results.

Sorry to be such a nuisance.

Kind regards

Fran

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @DoneF ,

Changed the logic a little bit, but should work now

Untitled.png

Edit: It works for your latest example too.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

DoneF
6 - Meteoroid

That's magic. Just need to bring it into my workflow.

Thank so much for your help

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Best regards

Fran

Labels