Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Quick FTP Check?

FJ_Shafeek
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to downloading/sending files to an FTP using the Alteryx Download tool. I just ran it and got these messages back - to me it seems to indicate a successful transfer/upload to the FTP but when I check the actual FTP in WinSCP I can't see the file I'm sending... Do these messages indicate a successful transfer after all?

FJ_Shafeek_1-1623255905710.png

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FJ_Shafeek ,

It looks that way, but we need more information. Are you including a full file path for the destination? You need to determine where the file is going because it may have been added to a subfolder.

Can you show the configuration of the download tool and the calculation of the filepath if you are using a formula tool?

thanks,

M.

Bulien

FJ_Shafeek
7 - Meteor

Hi @mceleavey 

Thanks for responding - it's a pretty basic setup

FJ_Shafeek_0-1623259989841.png

My text input:

FJ_Shafeek_1-1623260017293.png

My download tool

FJ_Shafeek_2-1623260047123.png 

FJ_Shafeek_3-1623260067934.png

And my connection tab is just my login info. I wasn't given a specific directory to put the files in, and when I open the ftp in WinSCP I don't see any other folders, so it may have something to do with my user's permission level.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FJ_Shafeek ,

Your destination file location needs to begin with sftp: then your file location. You're attempting to drop this to a local file location rather than the sftp site.

There's a good article HERE by @fadib that walks you through the process.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Labels