Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question regarding the tools

JoeChia
7 - Meteor

Colleagues

I am relatively new to this.  This observation is befuddling me.  I have a fairly long workflow.  Here are the statistics-

Union tool - end result 3,686 records

Select tool - end result 3,686 records

Sort tool - end result 3,701 records   - why would the number of records increase if I am only sorting?  I also lost a section of records as well, only further confounding me

Filter tool - end result 3,703 records -  i would have expected this to go down not up.

Any ideas what I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Hi @JoeChia,

Alteryx only shows you up to 1 MB of data for each tool instead of the whole dataset. Therefore, what you're seeing is only a subset of all the records.

If you want to see all the records, you will need to add a Browse tool after the tool.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Josh

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@JoeChia where are you getting those numbers from? Are they from the workflow messages pane or from looking at the output of the tool?

e.g. here: 

OllieClarke_0-1572442520796.png

or here:

OllieClarke_1-1572442541767.png

If it's the latter and you aren't looking at the output with a browse tool, then Alteryx will only show 1mb of data, rather than the full set - which could be why your numbers are changing

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels