Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Query Multiple Tables from Oracle DB with Single Connection

jwessma
7 - Meteor

I was wondering if there was a way that I could run multiple queries from a single ODBC connection? I don't want to run into the dreaded "exceeded multiple allowed connections" error, so I was hoping I could build a workflow to connect to the Oracle DB, and then have each query run & save into a csv file. Anyone have an idea how I could accomplish this?

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@jwessma

I’m going with the assumption that each input is generating different schema’s. As such, unfortunately no.

One option that you can explore is creating a batch macro that will execute one query at a time and output a file on each iteration. Your SQL query would be your control parameters and feed it into your Input tool having the Action tool replace the query on each iteration. 

If you’re unfamiliar with batch macros, there a lot of posts, training and KB articles throughout community about it.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

Labels