Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Query: MB rules

Rahul_Thakur
5 - Atom

Unable to select multiple independent variables while executing MB rules. Do we need to concatenate all Independent variables and then execute the rule in MB Rules?

4 REPLIES 4
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Rahul_Thakur. Thank you for the question! The MB Rules Tool accepts two different input data formats. 

One option is to format your input data as records that contain a single item identifier along with an identifies for the transaction the item was contained within:

2018-07-09_15-46-52.png

2018-07-09_15-48-57.png

The other option is to concatenate your items into a single field, so that each row represents a single transaction, and the selected field is the concatenated items:

2018-07-09_15-49-50.png

2018-07-09_15-49-33.png

Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know where I misunderstood you and I would be happy to help you (Screenshots and Workflows are always helpful :) ). Also, please be sure to check out our help documentation for the MB Rules Tool.

Thank you!

StephanieLee
5 - Atom

Hi Dark, 

I am trying to do the MB rules, but something is wrong with the Configuration. I have a data set with two different variables : customer ID and product purchased. But there is only one option from the "select the transaction key field" drop down. I wonder what's wrong with it? Thank you so much!456.png123.png

123.png

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @StephanieLee,

Is the data type on your Customer ID field a string or numeric? I believe that the column needs to be a string data type to show up as an option in the MB Rules tool. Can you try using a Select tool to change your data type, and see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks,

Sydney

StephanieLee
5 - Atom

Hi Sydney, 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works!!

Best, 

Stephanie

Labels