Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Quartile.EXC calculation in Alteryx

jeldridge
6 - Meteoroid

I have been tasked with creating an Alteryx workflow that replaces an existing set of Excel calculations across multiple customers / data points. One part of the Excel sheet looks for outliers and uses the Quartile.EXC function to generate the values for the Quartiles (and then uses these to get the InterQuartile Range) for each vehicle. The default Alteryx calculation corresponds to Quartile.INC in Excel, which returns different values and discards data points that need to be kept. I have been through the Alteryx Community site and have tried multiple solutions presented in the past, without being able to duplicate the values Excel generates. Does anyone have a way to place a formula in Alteryx that will group data points by vehicle id and then calculate the 25th and 75th quartile values for each in a way that will match the Excel Quartile.EXC function?  

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
16 - Nebula

@jeldridge 
give some sample input and output
will try to help,

apathetichell
19 - Altair

try this.

jeldridge
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @Raj ! Here is a sample with 3 customers in Alteryx and Excel.  

jeldridge
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, @apathetichell .  I think this would work for one customer, but I need to calculate the 1st and 3rd quartiles for multiple customers that are in the same Excel file.  I posted sample files below of what I am working with.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

See attached.

jeldridge
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! This works exactly the same as the original Excel formulas to remove outliers in my data.  You have made my life so much easier! 😁

Labels