Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python tool

sneha_bhiwagade1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

In Alteryx Designer version 2019.1 while using python tool.

Python tool is not showing any result or error messages.

Thanks You!

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you writing the data back out into the workflow using Alteryx.write(dataframe, 1)?

sneha_bhiwagade1
8 - Asteroid

Thank You @BrandonB for your prompt reply.

I tried running the python tool with two basic sample script

For example:

1. print("hello")  

2. Alteryx.write("dataframe",1)

but when i run the workflow with python tool. the workfow simply runs it as long as i don't stop the workflow

Attaching the screenshoot for refrence

Could you please guide me.

Thanks in advance!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is an example of a simple script that reads data from a workflow into a Python script and then writes it back out to the first output. When I am referring to a data frame, I am talking about the data that is coming from upstream in the workflow. You can read this into the Python tool using the Alteryx.read capability as seen below. Similarly, once you have configured your Python script, you can write the data back out into the workflow through one of the anchors on the right hand side of the Python tool using the Alteryx.write which is also shown below. Workflow is attached for reference. 

Python example.png

sneha_bhiwagade1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB 

Thanks for sharing the example.

After running the workflow with the same example provided by you. the workflow continues to run until I stop the workflow without producing any error or success message

sneha_bhiwagade1_0-1618406538038.png

When I stop the workflow it gives below results

sneha_bhiwagade1_1-1618406713619.png

and no output gets generated 

sneha_bhiwagade1_2-1618406761926.png

Could you please assist me on the same.

Thank you! 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sneha_bhiwagade1 you may want to send an email to support@alteryx.com because there may be something going on with your Python environment. If you want to try out a solution on your own you may want to take a look at the following link to reset the Python tool to its original state: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-reset-the-Python-tool-to-its... 

Labels