Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problems loading data using Snowflake Bulk Loading Tool

danielkresina
9 - Comet

I've been trying to use the new Snowflake bulk loading utility in Alteryx.

I'm using a US East 1 instance of AWS for snowflake and my S3 bucket.  I'm using a simply workflow in Alteryx that takes a single column/value of data and tries to bulk insert it into a new table in Snowflake.  When I run it, Alteryx errors out with the message below stating that the copy filed due to a SQL compilation error.

Output Data (6)    The COPY failed with error: SQL compilation error:¶Object '"DB1.PUBLIC.TEST4"' does not exist.

If I log into snowflake separately I can confirm that the table was successfully created and is sitting there empty so the error message does not appear to be correct.

There is no encryption enabled on my S3 bucket, I'm using the default endpoint choice in the bulk loading tool configuration.  I tried picking different endpoints as well as changing the Table/field name SQL style in Alteryx's output to "quoted" and "None" and nothing seems to change the error.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Here is my Alteryx output tool configuration:

Capture.JPG

I confirmed that it is not a permission issue in snowflake and I am able to insert data into this table using the same user ID via SQL in the snowflake console.

If someone has gotten the new snowflake bulk loader to work correctly then could you share a screenshot of what settings you used so I can try to replicate?  Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
aka
5 - Atom

Output Data (4) The COPY failed with error: SQL compilation error:¶Table **** does not exist , but table do exist. I am not sure why it does not work . 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

do you have permission to access Table ****

Labels