Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problems Cleansing Data

jconnolly8
5 - Atom

I was recently assigned an assignment for class (to do on excel not alteryx.... this is just for fun). We were told to clean a data set, and since I am trying to learn alteryx I figured this would be good practice. I got most of the data cleaned, but the two parts that I cannot figure out is deleting rows that contain a blank or null value and formatting dates in a column that were input in several different formats. I am attaching the dataset to this along with my current work on alteryx. You can see where I was stuck on the date function. 

If you need additional information please let me know, otherwise I would really appreciate the help.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jconnolly8 ,

For null or blank values, you can use the isempty function. I only corrected your condition from OR to AND.

For dates, I've written a condition to test the formats and replace for the Alteryx date format.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

jconnolly8
5 - Atom

Thank you so much @fmvizcaino! This makes a lot more sense now that I am looking at the solution. 

I appreciate it!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels